We have the pleasure to invite you to participate in the 14th International Symposium SYMKOM 2020/2021 IMP2
that follows the tradition of meetings of people who conduct scientific research and development activities in the field of turbomachinery: turbines, compressors and pumps, as well as in the area of modern power engineering technologies, energy storage, wind energy and flow modeling. The symposium is organized by two scientific centres:
- Szewalski Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery, Polish Academy of Sciences in Gdansk and
- Institute of Turbomachinery, Lodz University of Technology.
The symposium will be held on October 20-22, 2021 in Radisson Blu Hotel, ul. Długi Targ 19, Gdańsk. The conference venue is located just in the heart of Gdańsk, a vibrant Baltic Sea port, in the vicinity of major historic and touristic attractions.
The symposium programme includes:
- keynote lectures to be delivered at plenary sessions by Invited Speakers who are distinguished specialists recognized in various fields of turbomachinery and energy engineering,
- symposium papers to be delivered at regular (parallel) sessions by symposium participants.
- Young Researchers Competition for the best presentation delivered by a young researcher, sponsored by the Institute of Fluid Flow Machinery in Gdańsk,
- excursion to GE workshop in Elbląg.
The symposium contributions will be published in two Open Access scientific journals:
- “Archives of Thermodynamics” (indexed in Web of Science and SCOPUS),
- “Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering ” (indexed in SCOPUS) and
- alternatively, the authors are also free to submit their symposium contributions to another journal of their choice.
We look forward to seeing you in Gdańsk.
On behalf of the Scientific Committee